Are you sick of the all the wedding posts yet? Good, neither am I! After seeing all the pictures and reflecting on our day I wanted to share the things I absolutely would not have changed about our wedding day.
- Having a First Look – This was truly one of the only moments we got to be alone on our wedding day and just be with each other. Plus it took away a lot of the anxiety and nerves before walking down the aisle. Plus it got a lot of the tears out of the way, I’m pretty sure this is the only reason I didn’t completely loose it during our ceremony.
- Not Scaling Down Our Bridal Party – I know some people say less is more but not for us! We didn’t want to have to choose between friends so we decided very early on to just include everyone. Our friends are a huge part of our lives and so not having them up there with us just wouldn’t have been the same.
- Writing Our Own Vows – This just made our ceremony so special. I almost lost it when I heard Ryan’s vows to me. It was one of my favorite moments from the whole day. It was a great way to keep our ceremony personal and really about the love we feel for each other.
- Our Unity Cross Ceremony – I wanted to do some type of unity ceremony but I’m not a huge fan of the sand or the candle. I googled alternative options and found the Unity Cross. It was a great way to show our faith and our love during our ceremony. It was also very different and meaningful and we still get compliments on it.
- Not Having a Sit-down Dinner – I loved not doing a sit down dinner for our guests. It may not have been the most popular option among some but it was great for us! It was a great way to save some money and it really kept people mingling and having fun all night. We had different food passed all night rather than just serving one big meal. I think people really enjoyed the variety.
- Playing the Shoe Game – This was so fun! I’d seen it at other weddings and our DJ suggested it. If you’ve never played you basically have one of each of your shoes and your MC asks questions and you hold up the shoe of who that applies to more. It was a really great way to keep people laughing and entertained because not everyone wants to dance the night away so it was nice to have something for everyone to enjoy.
- Taking a Giant Group Photo – This was totally suggested by our DJ and I’m so glad we did it! It is actually one of my favorite photos from our wedding day. You’re never going to get everyone in the picture but it’s nice to get to look back and literally be surrounded by all our loving friends and family.
- Turning our Reception into a Huge Dance Party – There was nothing better than dancing the night away with our friends and family. We wanted a huge party for our reception and that is exactly what we got!
- Having a Secret Last Dance – This was a great way to end our night. When everyone left the ballroom to prepare for our exit we had one last dance just the two of us. It was very emotional but the perfect ending to our perfect day.
- Not Stressing on My Wedding Day – I run on a high stress level in my everyday life but I definitely made a real effort to not stress on my wedding day. Luckily our support system for that day made it really easy because I didn’t have to worry about anything. I cannot stress enough to not waste the happiest day of your life stressing about it. You roll with the punches and make the best of whatever happens.
I don’t know that I would truly change anything about our wedding day. It really was the best day of my life!
Venues – First Baptist Church Farmers Branch // Dallas Marriott Quorum
Photographer – The Click
Beauty – Meghan Palla/MRP Beauty Solutions
Dress & Veil – Stardust Celebrations
Bridesmaids Dresses – David’s Bridal
Tuxes – Jos. A Bank