If you’ve been paying attention to my Insta stories lately you have seen that I’ve been obsessed with watching documentaries lately. I mainly watch on Netflix, it’s my preferred streaming service, but I’ve found a few others that are definitely worth your time.
Personally, I prefer the crime documentaries so that’s what 99% of this list is but there are a few that aren’t. If you live alone or scare very easily I’d recommend watching these during the daytime, some are a little creepy at times.
- Abducted in Plain Sight – A crazy true story about the abduction of a little girl by a family friend. This has kidnapping, drama and aliens.
- Amanda Knox – Remember her? The American who was accused of murdering her Italian roommate overseas. Well she’s here to tell her side of the story in this doc.
- Audrie & Daisy – Two stories about young girls and the effects of cyber bullying.
- Blackfish – If you are an animal lover you may or may not like this one. I find it interesting, personally. This is about what happens when we take majestic animals and turn them into side show acts instead of using zoos and aquariums for conservation efforts. Excuse me while I step off my soap box now.
- The Confession Tapes – A docuseries about false confessions and why they are more common than you think.
- Evil Genius: The True Story of America’s Most Diabolical Bank Heist – A crazy story about a crazy bank heist! Watch with caution – it is gory for a few minutes in the beginning.
- Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened – Who didn’t hear about Fyre? This is the story told from the people who were working to make it happen.
- Making a Murderer: Part 1 – The ultimate who done it and it will have you flip flopping back and forth the whole time.
- Fyre Fraud – Yes, there is a Fyre doc on Netflix. Personally I highly recommend that you watch both. They are told from very different sides but the result is still the same. It didn’t happen and people were pissed!
- Surviving R. Kelly – Ladies, I advise that you watch this with caution. It took me three days to watch it because it is a little emotionally trying. But definitely something I think everyone should watch.
- Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes – Netflix – Everyone raved over this one and it was fine but I don’t think it was what I wanted from a Ted Bundy doc. Still worth the streaming though.
- Killer Women with Piers Morgan – Netflix – A docuseries where Piers Morgan visits different women in prison and gets their side of the story.
- Making a Murderer: Part 2 – Netflix – Not as good as the first part, but you’ll probably still want to watch it.
So moral of the story I obviously spend too much time watching television. But if you are looking for something to stream that is true and educational I’d highly recommend these any day!