Well it’s week three of quarantine for us. This is hopefully something we can all look back on and learn from. I’m going crazy in the house but we’ve found a few things to keep us occupied. Here are a few tips for surviving the rest of Quarantine 2020.
What to Watch
I know there is only so much television you can watch, but in case you haven’t finished Netflix just yet here are a few things we’re watching right now.
- Tiger King: If you haven’t watched this Netflix docuseries yet what are you doing? It has murder, craziness, and TIGERS! It’s definitely worth the watch just to see what will happen next.
- DAVE: This is on Hulu but if you like Lil’ Dicky then you’ll like this. It’s dirty comedy and some catchy songs. What else could you want?
- Ozark: Ryan loves this Netflix series and the newest season just dropped. There are only three seasons so you can binge it pretty easily. It can be graphic but it’s worth the watch.
- 100 Humans: This is on Netflix and it’s and you’ll definitely learn something if you watch it. It’s science and it’s cool!
What to Listen to:
While working from home during this time I’m listening to podcasts. I’m still finding new ones but here are some that I’m really enoying right now.
- My Favorite Murder
- Office Ladies
- Dr. Death
- Dirty John
What to Buy:
Luckily we normally keep pretty stocked on groceries but we definitely stocked up on a few items while we’re both home. Also, I’m not shopping very much right now (unless it’s a SUPER good deal, obviously) but I will continue to share sales on Instagram for those of y’all that are shopping.
- Stock up on frozen dinners (we personally like Lean Cuisine), frozen veggies, granola or cereal bars, and coffee. Keep a lot of coffee on hand, we actually bought our regular coffee and some speciality coffees when for when we feel a little fancy! I would also recommend having something sweet in the house. We didn’t go crazy on this but those cravings are going to happen so you might as well be prepared.
- If you’re going to eat out I’d encourage you to eat local! Support small businesses when you can, just a good rule of thumb anyway. PLUS if you’re in Texas I know you get your adult beverages delivered to your home right now. But still be responsible.
- If you’re a shopper like I am and you’re trying to save some money during this time I have a tip for you! You can still virtually window shop but add stuff to your cart and your wishlist. That way when you are ready to shop again you can go through all your faves you’ve already curated. That’s what I’ve been doing. And again, shop local or small when you can. It makes all the difference.
What to do:
We’ve had a lot of time to fill the past few weeks. Here are a few things we’ve done to pass the time and feel productive.
- Do a puzzle
- Organize / clean one room or area at a time
- Clean out your clothes
- Go for a walk – but still practice social distancing, please.
- Have a virtual happy hour with your friends or co-workers
- Start that side hustle or creative outlet you’ve been putting off
- Practice some self-care – do a face mask, don’t wear makeup and let your skin recover, deep condition your hair and don’t put heat on it.
- Read a book
I hope this gives you some ideas to fill your time. I hope you’re staying healthy and safe and following the CDC guidelines. Let’s all follow directions and get back to normal as soon as we can. I need to get out of my house!