I am a true bargain shopper, I hate to pay retail. I’ve found a few ways to save money, especially on clothes and accessories. Here are my tips to always find the best deal!
- Sign up for the emails. I know they can be annoying and you have to clear your inbox almost daily but they are a good way to stay in the know about your favorite stores. I will say always read the fine print in the emails to make sure there’s not a catch. It’s the worst when you have a cart full of cute clothes and then something happens to make you question your entire purchase.
- Earn points for everything. If they have a frequent customer program or a points system, get on it! You may not get the deals every time but it’s great if you do have to pay retail to at least earn something from it in the long run. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to Walgreens and not had to pay for makeup because I had points to cover it.
- Find your local resale stores. I admit I was once not a fan of the resale store. My first thought was “Gross! Someone already wore that.” But if you find a resale shop that you can trust and they have a strict screening process you’re usually in the clear. If you’re in the Dallas area I suggest ReThreads or a newer find that is quickly becoming my favorite is Closet Revival. I shop at both of these stores regularly and never have an issue finding something new, fashionable and affordable. I have found everything from Kate Spade and Ann Taylor to Manolo Blahniks.
- Shop Outlets. The outlet mall is a great thing! There is nothing better than walking out of a store with bags full of stuff that you didn’t have to spend that much for. Aside from outlets, stores such as TJ Maxx, Ross and Burlington normally have pretty good finds as well for a decent price.
- Put things in your Amazon cart and leave them there. This one I just found out about recently. If you put something in your Amazon cart and don’t immediately check out it will send you notifications on price changes. Just this week I had a Christmas present I was buying for my dad and it dropped over ten dollars overnight, literally. For that particular item that was a steal!
- Shop Apps. I shop on the Amazon, eBay, Poshmark, AdoreMe and Wish apps frequently. I will say I have never purchased clothes off the Wish app though. All of these apps, in my opinion, are very user friendly and have saved me quite a bit of money!
So those are just a few of the things that I do to save money on a regular basis. I love to shop but sometimes it’s not in the budget and that’s when these tips really come in handy!